CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Evaluate the pathophysiology of aortic stenosis, including its etiology, hemodynamic changes, and clinical manifestations.
- Analyze and interpret the echocardiographic findings associated with aortic stenosis measurements of aortic valve area, peak and mean pressure gradients, and aortic valve morphology to accurately assess the severity.
- Apply knowledge and demonstrate proficiency in understanding a comprehensive echocardiographic examination for the assessment of aortic stenosis, including appropriate imaging views and techniques.
- Distinguish the limitations and interpret sources of error in echocardiographic assessment of aortic stenosis.
- Develop enhanced knowledge of the various treatment options available for aortic stenosis, including medical management, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), and surgical interventions
- Recommend and employ echocardiography in procedural planning and assessment.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sonographers: These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and most other organizations.
For information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Date of Release
July 26, 2023
Date of Most Recent Review
July 26, 2023
July 25, 2023
Jess Hooley, ACS, BS, RCS
Advanced Cardiac Sonographer and Co-Founder of CardioConnections
Britni James, RCS
Registered Cardiac Sonographer and Co-Founder of CardioConnections
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Britni James and Jess Hooley discloses no such relationships exist.
IAME has assessed conflict of interest with its faculty, authors, editors, and any individuals who were in a position to control the content of this CME activity. Any identified relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated. IAME's planners, content reviewers, and editorial staff disclose no relationships with ineligible entities.