CME Credit Information
AMA Category 1 credits that also serve as Self Assessment Module (SAM) credits, as defined by the American Board of Radiology. Other specialists should consult their respective specialty board for applicability. SA-CME credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI and Sonography Canada.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Have an accurate understanding of the stereotactic breast biopsy accreditation process
- Know the initial requirements, as well as the continuing education necessary for those working in the stereotactic breast biopsy setting
- Appreciate the importance of tracking biopsy outcomes
- Recognize some of the common pitfalls that can occur during the stereotactic breast biopsy procedure
- Understand the importance of accurate tissue marker placement
Physicians, sonographers and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Faculty & Disclosure
Statmatia V. Destounis, MD, FACR, FSBI
Elizabeth Wende Breast Care LLC
Rochester, New York
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, all individuals in control of the content of this CME tutorial are required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Dr. Destounis discloses that she has not relevant relationships with commercial interests.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.