CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the learner will:
- Describe the essential elements of a carotid stent ultrasound examination
- List duplex ultrasound criteria for carotid stents
- Identify commonly encountered pathology associated with carotid stents
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For further information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Approximately 1 hour
Date of Release
Mar 21, 2016
Date of Most Recent Review
Jul 24, 2023
Jul 23, 2026
Ann Marie Kupinski PhD, RVT, RDMS
Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology
Albany Medical College
North Country Vascular Diagnostics, Inc.
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, all individuals in control of the content of this CME tutorial are required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Ann Marie Kupinski PhD, RVT, RDMS discloses no such relationships exist.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.