CME Credit Information
1. Understand proper ultrasound machine settings and transducer selection for ultrasound of the lungs.
2. Know the anatomical lung zones and the 10 basic signs of lung ultrasound
3. Recognize the ultrasound findings in pneumonia ,ARDS and COVID-19
4. Apply the utility of lung ultrasound to the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. Employ a protocol for disinfection of the ultrasound machine and transducers
Physicians, sonographers and others who perform and/or interpret diagnostic ultrasound.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by ARDMS/APCA, CCI, Sonography Canada and most other credentialing bodies.
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Faculty & Disclosure
Joshua Jacquet MD RDMS FACEP
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Emergency Ultrasound Director
Cleveland Clinic - Akron General
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Joshua Jacquet MD discloses the following relationships with commercial interests:
Paid instructor for MedCram.com
No one at IAME who managed the content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.