CME Credit Information
- Describe the pathophysiology of carotid disease and the evolution of its treatment.
- Understand the clinical indications for carotid intervention and appropriate diagnostic testing.
- Know the key differences between stenting and endarterectomy for treatment of carotid stenosis.
- Know results of clinical trials on which current clinical management is based.
- Apply current approaches to improving therapy.
Physicians, sonographers and others who perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by ARDMS/APCA, CCI, Sonography Canada and most other credentialing bodies.
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Faculty & Disclosure
Ted Kohler, MD
Professor Emeritus, University of Washington
Department of Surgery
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Ted Kohler MD discloses no such relationships exist.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.