Balancing Risks and Benefits: Anticoagulation and Antiplatelet Therapy in Stroke Prevention in AFIB, Navigating Dual and Triple Therapies is an online continuing medical education course designed for cardiologists and internal medicine doctors. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage patients with atrial fibrillation (AFIB) who require anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy in stroke prevention.
As you know, AFIB is a common cardiac arrhythmia that increases the risk of stroke. Anticoagulation therapy is the mainstay of stroke prevention in patients with AFIB. However, the use of antiplatelet therapy in addition to anticoagulation therapy is also common and can be beneficial in certain patients.
Managing patients who require both anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy can be challenging. This course will provide you with the tools to navigate these challenges and balance the risks and benefits of these therapies.
The course includes 1 AMA PRA Category 1 credit for physicians, and is available online for your convenience. You can complete the course at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home or office.
The course is designed to cover a wide range of topics, including:
– The pathophysiology of stroke in AFIB
– The role of anticoagulation therapy in stroke prevention
– The use of antiplatelet therapy in stroke prevention
– The risks and benefits of dual and triple therapy
– The management of bleeding complications
– The use of NOACs in stroke prevention
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
– Identify patients with AFIB who require anticoagulation therapy
– Understand the risks and benefits of anticoagulation therapy
– Understand the risks and benefits of antiplatelet therapy
– Understand the risks and benefits of dual and triple therapy
– Manage bleeding complications in patients on anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy
– Understand the role of NOACs in stroke prevention
This course is free with registration, and is available on our website at https://www.iame.com/online-courses/balancing-risks-and-benefits-anticoagulation-and-antiplatelet-therapy-in-stroke-prevention-in-afib-navigating-dual-and-triple-therapies/. Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your knowledge and skills in managing patients with AFIB. Register today and earn your free CME credit!