CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Identify the important duplex characteristics needed to plan treatment for pseudoaneurysms.
- Use duplex scanning to determine when patients need to be considered for repair of abdominal or popliteal aneurysms.
- Use the guidelines from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force to identify patients to screen for abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Identify important ultrasound features of complications in patients following endovascular aneurysm repair.
- Perform appropriate non-invasive testing in patients with aortic dissection.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by ARDMS/APCA, CCI, Sonography Canada and most other credentialing bodies.
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Ted Kohler, MD
Professor Emeritus, University of Washington
Department of Surgery
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Ted Kohler MD discloses no such relationships exist.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.