CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Learn signs of rheumatic valvular heart disease.
- Know the most common of left heart valves rheumatic lesions.
- Learn the most common complications of rheumatic heart disease.
- Perform evaluation of rheumatic valvular lesions with echocardiography.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada and most other credentialing organizations.
For further information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Sergei Yakovlev MD
Cardiac Imaging Consultant
I.V. Davidovsky Clinical Hospital
N.N.Blokhin Russian Oncological Scientific Center
Daria Stonogina MD
National Research Center for Preventive Medicine of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Dr. Yakovlev and Dr. Stonogina disclose no financial interests with commercial interests.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.