CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- See what options are available for image enhancement during an echocardiogram
- Understand the history and process of image enhancements agents
- Understand when best to use it, indications for use and contraindications
- Know how to optimize the ultrasound machine and images for best results
*The term “contrast” has been used for many years to describe the image enhancement agent used during an echocardiogram. The technical term that is currently being used is Ultrasound Enhancement Agent (UEA). This course will refer to it as contrast for simplicity sake, but it is good to be aware of other names it can go by.
- Cardiologists, echocardiographers and others who perform and/or interpret echocardiography.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sonographers: These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and most other organizations.
For information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Date of Release
May 24, 2023
Date of Most Recent Review
Jul 24, 2023
Jul 23, 2026
Jess Hooley, ACS, BS, RCS
Advanced Cardiac Sonographer and Co-Founder of CardioConnections
Britni James, RCS
Registered Cardiac Sonographer and Co-Founder of CardioConnections
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Jess Hooley and Britini James disclose no such relationships exist.
IAME has assessed conflict of interest with its faculty, authors, editors, and any individuals who were in a position to control the content of this CME activity. Any identified relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated. IAME's planners, content reviewers, and editorial staff disclose no relationships with ineligible entities.