CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Discuss background information on renovascular hypertension including pathophysiology, when to revascularize, and discuss sonographic findings.
- Discuss renal vein thrombosis including the etiology, symptoms, sonographic findings, and treatment.
- Discuss arteriovenous fistula including the etiology, symptoms, sonographic findings, and treatment.
- Discuss pseudoaneurysm including etiology, symptoms, treatment, and sonographic findings.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Sharlene A. Teefey, MD
Professor of Radiology
Director, Diagnostic Ultrasound
Abdominal Imaging Section
Washington University School of Medicine
St. Louis, MO
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Dr. Sharlene A. Teefey discloses no financial interests with commercial interests.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.