CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Develop a systematic approach to four-chamber view assessment
- Describe some of the risk factors that would increase the risk of congenital heart disease in the fetus
- Identify some of the cardiac lesions that can be diagnosed during evaluation of the four-chamber view
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
David E. Abel MD
Chairperson, Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine Ultrasound Web Based Training Committee
Volunteer Clinical Faculty
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, California
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Dr. David Abel discloses no relationships with commercial interests.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.