CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Accurately identify and interpret echocardiographic findings indicative of endocarditis in both native and prosthetic valves.
- Implement an effective approach to distinguish endocarditis from other cardiac conditions, enabling timely and appropriate management.
- Utilize echocardiography as a valuable tool for assessing treatment response, monitoring complications, and guiding surgical interventions in complicated endocarditis cases.
- Demonstrate proficiency in generating structured and comprehensive echocardiography reports, facilitating clear communication with referring physicians and healthcare teams.
- Integrate a multidisciplinary approach to endocarditis management, collaborating effectively with cardiologists, infectious disease specialists, and cardiothoracic surgeons.
- Apply the knowledge gained from this course to enhance patient care, optimize clinical outcomes, and promote safety in the diagnosis and management of endocarditis using echocardiography.
- Cardiologists, echocardiographers, and others who perform and/or interpret echocardiography.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sonographers: These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and most other organizations.
For information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Date of Release
August 16, 2023
Date of Most Recent Review
August 16, 2023
August 15, 2026
Jess Hooley, ACS, BS, RCS
Advanced Cardiac Sonographer and Co-Founder of CardioConnections
Britni James, RCS
Registered Cardiac Sonographer and Co-Founder of CardioConnections
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Britni James and Jess Hooley disclose no such relationships exist.
IAME has assessed conflict of interest with its faculty, authors, editors, and any individuals who were in a position to control the content of this CME activity. Any identified relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated. IAME's planners, content reviewers, and editorial staff disclose no relationships with ineligible entities.