CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Relate the various types of testing used for indirect, physiologic assessment of peripheral arterial disease.
- Describe the technical applications employed for segmental systolic pressure measurements, pulse volume recording, and digital photoplethysmography.
- Differentiate the diagnostic information derived with each of the physiologic test procedures.
- Apply the diagnostic criteria for grading the severity of arterial compromise for each of the physiologic test procedures.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Marsha M. Neumyer, BS, RVT, FSDMS, FSVU, FAIUM
Vascular Diagnostic Educational Services
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have commercial interests.
Marsha Neumyer discloses a relationship with Unetixs Vascular, Inc as consultant and member of the Speaker’s Bureau.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.