CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Describe the primary components of sonographic imaging: ultrasound, transducers and instruments.
- Explain how the Doppler Effect is applied in sonography
- Describe anatomic imaging formats and Doppler presentation forms.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Frederick W. Kremkau, PhD
Professor and Director
Program for Medical Ultrasound
Center for Applied Learning Wake Forest University School of Medicine
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial Is required to disclose any significant financial of other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Dr. Frederick Kremkau discloses no such relationships exist.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning and content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.