CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Perform a complete examination of the endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle
- Analyze the various sonographic causes of abnormal uterine bleeding
- Compare the importance of age, hormone status, and tamoxifen on the appearance of and the interpretation ultrasound evaluation of the endometrium.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sonographers: These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and most other organizations.
For information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Date of Release
March 8, 2023
Date of Most Recent Review
July 24, 2023
July 23, 2026
Lauren Pellegrini, MHA, RDMS, RVT, RDCS
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Director, St. Louis Community College-Forest Park
Sonographer and Clinical Sonography Instructor
St. Louis, MO
Jason Cox, MD
Program Director, Medical Director, and Attending Radiologist
Institute for Advanced Medical Education
St. Louis, MO
Christopher J. Allen RVT, RDMS, (AB) (OB)
President, Soundwave Imaging, Inc.
Chief Vascular Sonographer, Ultrasound First, LLC
St. Louis, MO
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Lauren Pellegrini, Jason Cox, MD, Christopher Allen disclose no such relationships exist.
IAME has assessed conflict of interest with its faculty, authors, editors, and any individuals who were in a position to control the content of this CME activity. Any identified relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated. IAME's planners, content reviewers, and editorial staff disclose no relationships with ineligible entities.