CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- discuss the normal sonographic findings in the first trimester
- describe the role the yolk sac plays a in embryogenesis and it’s sonographic appearance
- summarize the sonographic landmarks of miscarriage
- describe the sonographic appearance of hydatidiform mole
- improve patient outcomes through familiarity with normal embryological development, sonographic landmarks, and appropriate hCG levels.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret obstetrical ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
For information on applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Lyndon M. Hill, MD
Professor Obstetrics and Gynecology
Medical Director Ultrasound
Magee Women's Hospital
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Dr. Lyndon Hill discloses no financial relationships with commercial interests.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relationships with commercial interests.