CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Adjust the ultrasound workstation equipment to reduce the risk for injury.
- Perform ultrasound exams aware of the causes of work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WRMSD’s).
- Reduce the exposure to the risk factors that can be controlled.
- Implement control measures to reduce the risk for work-related injury.
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sonographers: These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and most other organizations.
For information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Date of Release
May 01, 2022
Date of Most Recent Review
Jul 24, 2023
Jul 23, 2026
Carolyn Coffin, MPH, RDMS, RDCS, RVT
Co-Founder & CEO, Sound Ergonomics, LLC
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
Carolyn Coffin discloses no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
No one at IAME who had control over the planning or content of this activity has relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.