CME Credit Information
* AMA PRA Category 1™
Number of Credits:
After completing this activity, the participant will:
- Define implicit bias and assess its impact on medical practice
- Critically Review and analyze the different types of implicit bias and their effects on patient outcomes
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to reduce implicit bias in medical practice
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions to reduce implicit bias in medical practice
- Formulate an action plan to address implicit bias in medical practice
- Physicians, sonographers, and others who perform and/or interpret ultrasound.
* AMA PRA Category 1™ credits are used by physicians and other groups like PAs and certain nurses. Category 1 credits are accepted by the ARDMS, CCI, and Sonography Canada.
Jason Cox, MD
Program Director, Attending Musculoskeletal Radiologist
Institute for Advanced Medical Education
Creve Coeur, MO 63141
In compliance with the Essentials and Standards of the ACCME, the author of this CME tutorial is required to disclose any significant financial or other relationships they may have with commercial interests.
Jason Cox MD discloses no such relationships exist.
IAME has assessed conflict of interest with its faculty, authors, editors, and any individuals who were in a position to control the content of this CME activity. Any identified relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated. IAME's planners, content reviewers, and editorial staff disclose no relationships with ineligible entities.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Institute for Advanced Medical Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Sonographers: These credits are accepted by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Sonography Canada, Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), and most other organizations.
For information on the applicability and acceptance of continuing education credit for this activity, please consult your professional licensing board or other credentialing organization.
Estimated Time for Completion
Date of Release
June 21, 2023
Date of Most Recent Review
July 24, 2023
July 23, 2026